Monday, May 10, 2010

First Day of Training

       I am about to embark on the first day of my summer-long  training regiment. Looking through many training techniques, manuals, blogs, etc. I have come come up with a schedule that I feel offers the best strength and conditioning out there. I am going to give you, my readers, first hand access to the routine because I have not done it before; this is a pretty exclusive offer so take advantage. This first day will consist of only lifting, a full body lift: squat, bench, power clean, bent-over row, DB military, calf raise, shrug, and lying-down face pulls. The main focus is on the squat, bench, clean, and row where I will be doing a technique used in 5/3/1 programs. You do 70% of your max for 5 reps, 80% of your max for 5 reps, and 90% of your max for as many as you can do. The percentages can be changed as long as you are keeping strict records of your lifting. The main goal is to beat your records every time you lift by only doing a short amount of reps with the lower weight and going all out on the last set. For the rest of the lifts I'll be doing 3 sets of increasing weight and fewer reps (8 6 4), except for the lying-down face pulls where I'll be trying for 3 sets of 20.
        I'll be doing the exact same workout on thursday, but with all different exercises: deadlift, military, front squat, pullups, DB bench,  DB row, close-grip bench, and barbell curls. The same concentrations apply with the first four lifts, and the same things apply with the last four as well, without the face pull routine. However, in this workout routine, I never do the same thing two weeks in a row. The following week I lift monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, but I split the upper and lower body apart. So now you have the main idea of my lifting routine for the summer. Soon, I will be explaining the other 3 parts two my weekly routine. Stay in tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment