Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tire Flipping

I have been waiting all semester to come home and get my own tractor tire so I could do some tire flips down my driveway, so yesterday I went to a big tire yard with a hundred bucks and told them to get me a 500 lb. tire. This guy rolls up in a tractor and pinches this humungous tire from a stack about 15 feet high and puts in right in the bed of my truck. I then asked how much the tire would cost and he said don't even worry about it. PERFECT!! I got my own tire for absolutely nothing in about fifteen minutes, and I encourage all of you to go to your local tire yard and do the exact same thing.
Tire Flipping is probably the best possible strength and conditioning exercise you can do. Starting in a clean-like position with your chest against the tire, you drive the tire up and forward until your legs are extended. Then, dropping under the tire, putting your elbows under it, and switching your hands to a overhand pressing position, you extend both legs and arms and push it over. It is a full-body lift, strengthening your entire body, especially your legs and back, and conditions as well if continued for an extended period. Depending on the weight, doing more than twenty should take almost all of your energy; combine this with farmers walks and you have your work cut out for you. After you finish a strongman-type workout like this I promise you will feel stronger than any time you've walked out of the gym, so go grab a tire and start flipping. You will definitely notice significant strength and stamina gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment